Organic chemistry research has moved rapidly toward synthesis and medicinal application of nitrogen-containing compounds such as triazenes, triazines, and hydroxytriazenes due to their excellent biological activities. Many of them are presently in clinical trials. Triazene compounds have excellent medicinal properties and limited toxicity. Hydroxytriazenes are excellent chelating agents for transition metals. Newer studies show very promising biological and medicinal applications of these classes of compounds. Hydroxytriazenes and Triazenes: The Versatile Framework, Synthesis, and Medicinal Applications highlights synthetic methods, recent advances, and potential applications of triazines, triazenes, and hydroxytriazenes.
This book includes holistic information on synthetic methods for novel compounds based on this moiety, up-to-date information on the how and why of their diverse or even multitargeted medicinal application, and future state of the art of both aspects.
Other features include:
- Highlights recent advances and diverse possible applications of biological functions
- Covers the chemistry of triazine, triazene, and hydroxytriazene systems
- On the basis of in silico predictions, the book highlights synthetic methods and their applications
- A valuable source of information for those actively engaged in medicinal chemistry, drug discovery, and synthetic organic chemistry
1. Hydroxytriazenes: State of the art and future prospects. 2. Synthesis, characterization, and structure of hydroxytriazenes. 3. Medicinal applications of hydroxytriazenes. 4. Triazenes and triazines.