The book acts as a guide, taking the reader into the smart system domain and providing theoretical and practical knowledge along with case studies in smart healthcare. The book uses a blend of interdisciplinary approaches such as IoT, blockchain, augmented reality, and virtual reality for the implementation of cost-effective, real-time, and user-friendly solutions for healthcare problems.
Immersive Virtual and Augmented Reality in Healthcare: An IoT and Blockchain Perspective presents the trends, best practices, techniques, developments, sensors, materials, and case studies that are using augmented and virtual reality environments with the state-of-the-art latest technologies like IoT, blockchain, and machine learning in the implementation of healthcare systems. The book focuses on the design and implementation of smart healthcare systems with major challenges to further explore more robust and efficient healthcare solutions in terms of low cost, faster algorithms, more sensitive IoT sensors, faster data communication, and real-time solutions for treatment. It discusses the use of virtual and augmented reality and how it can provide user-friendly and interactive communication within healthcare systems. Illustrated through case studies, the book conveys how different hospitals and healthcare equipment providers can adopt good practices found in the book to improve the performance/productivity of their staff and system. The content is rounded out by providing how IoT, blockchain, and artificial intelligence can provide the framework for designing and/or upgrading traditional healthcare systems by increasing security and data privacy.
A valuable resource for engineers working with systems, the healthcare professionals involved in the design and development of healthcare devices and systems, researcher scholars, multidisciplinary scientists, students, and academics who are wishing to explore the use of virtual and augmented reality in new and existing healthcare systems.
1. Industrial Revolution (IR) and Exemplary AR/VR-based Technological Tools in Preventive Health Education: The Past, Present, and Future
Eng Tek Ong, Yee Jiea Pang, Corrienna Abdul Talib et al.
2. Advanced Healthcare Informatics Practice Vis-à-Vis Virtual Reality Implications—A Scientific Overview
P. K. Paul, Ritam Chatterjee, Sucheta Chakraborty et al.
3. Virtual Reality Applications in Healthcare: A new-age Technology Perspective
4. Applications of Machine Learning in Cancer Diagnosis and Prognosis
Rakesh Kumar Dhakaa, Sampurna Pandab, Babita Pandac et al.5. Secure Remote Monitoring of Diabetes using IOT and Blockchain
Shobha Tyagi, Deepak Kumar and Devendra Kumar
6. AR/VR Revolutions in Future Healthcare
Pawan Whig, Shama Kouser, Ankit Sharma et al.
7. Implications of Augmented Reality Applications for Vehicle-to-Everything (V2X)
Faiza Al Harthi, Abderezak Touzene,Nasser Al Zeidi et al.
8. Development of a Roadmap for Primary Health Care Integrating AR-based Technology: Lessons Learnt and the Way Forward
Khar Thoe Ng, Ying Li Thong, Nelson Cyril et al.9. Pressure Physiotherapy and Bio-Signals
Kumar Avinash Chandra and Prabhat Kumar Upadhyay
10. Smart Mobile healthcare: Unlocking the potential of Blockchain and IoMT
Sandhya Avasthi, Ayushi Prakash, Tanushree Sanwal et al.
11. Blockchain in Health Care: Some Use Cases
Girish Kumar Sharma, Anant Bhardwaj, Shwetank Arya et al.