Implementing the Every Child Matters Strategy is a comprehensive resource for senior leaders, managers of Every Child Matters (ECM) and teachers responsible for leading the government’s ECM strategy in primary and secondary schools and other education settings such as Academies, Sixth Form Colleges, short stay schools, Children’s Centres and Early Years settings.
Featuring step-by-step advice, photocopiable checklists and templates, with suggestions for further activities in relation to implementing and embedding the government’s ECM strategy in schools/education settings, this practical guide will enable readers to:
- understand the concept and principles of Every Child Matters and translate those into developing an ECM policy for their school/setting
- know their role in moving ECM policy, practice and provision forward
- understand the importance of ECM well being for effective learning
- embed ECM through school improvement planning, target setting, tracking pupils well being outcomes and efficient resource deployment
- identify effective strategies to promote productive partnership working to improve ECM outcomes for children and young people
- understand the OFSTED inspection requirements for pupils ECM well being.
An invaluable resource for those professionals strategically leading ECM in their own education setting, it offers practical guidance, recommended management approaches, models of good practice and signposting to further sources of information on how best to ensure ECM is woven and embedded throughout the school/setting.
Frameworks and checklists are downloadable from: http://www.routledgeteachers.com/resources/fulton
Table of Contents
List of Figures and Tables Acknowledgements Abbreviations The Aim of this Book Introduction 1. Strategic direction and development of Every Child Matters 2. Leading and implementing the Every Child Matters strategy 3. Every Child Matters and personalised learning 4. Effective partnerships for delivering the Every Child Matters outcomes 5. Meeting the OFSTED inspection requirements for Every Child Matters Glossary Useful websites and resources References and further reading Index
Rita Cheminais is an independent consultant for Every Child Matters. She has written a number of valuable books in the area. These include Every Child Matters: a wew role for SENCOs, Every Child Matters: a practical guide for teachers and Every Child Matters: a practical guide for teaching assistants. She is contactable on [email protected] and www.ecm-solutions.org.uk.