Both process planning and scheduling are very important functions of manufacturing, which affect together the cost to manufacture a product and the time to deliver it. This book contains various approaches proposed by researchers to integrate the process planning and scheduling functions of manufacturing under varying configurations of shops. It is useful for both beginners and advanced researchers to understand and formulate the Integration Process Planning and Scheduling (IPPS) problem effectively.
- Covers the basics of both process planning and scheduling
- Presents nonlinear approaches, closed-loop approaches, as well as distributed approaches
- Discuss the outfit of IPPS in Industry 4.0 paradigm
- Includes the benchmarking problems on IPPS
- Contains nature-algorithms and metaheuristics for performance measurements in IPPS
- Presents analysis of energy-efficient objective for sustainable manufacturing in IPPS
Integration of Process Planning and Scheduling: Introduction. Approaches to Integrate Process Planning and Scheduling. A Case Study on optimization of Integrated Process Planning and Scheduling functions using Simulation based Genetic Algorithm and Heuristic for Makespan performance measurement. An Approach to Integrated Process Planning and Scheduling Based on Variable Neighborhood Search. Integration of process planning and scheduling in an energy efficient flexible job shop: A hybrid moth flame evolutionary algorithm. Integration of scheduling and process planning in shop floor: A probability model based approach. Integrated Process Planning and Scheduling using Dynamic Approach. Due-date Agreement in Integrated Process Planning and Scheduling Environment using Common Meta-heuristics. Integration of Process Planning and Scheduling: An Approach Based on Ant Lion Optimization Algorithm. A Review on Testbed Problems for Integration of Process Planning and Scheduling.