Integrative Assessment of Adult Personality
- This format cannot be shipped to your selected country.
Prices & shipping based on shipping country
New to This Edition
*Incorporates the latest research findings and assessment/treatment planning tools.
*Chapters on the Personality Assessment Inventory and the NEO-PI-R and NEO-PI-3.
*A new extended case example runs throughout the chapters.
*Critically evaluates the recently published MMPI-2-RF.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to Integrative Assessment of Adult Personality, Larry E. Beutler, Rita Rosner, Gary Groth-Marnat, T. Mark Harwood, and Hui-Qi Tong
2. Approaching the Patient: Referral Contexts, Test Selection, and Clinical Judgment, Gary Groth-Marnat, Larry E. Beutler, T. Mark Harwood, and Lisa Joseph
3. Identifying Treatment-Relevant Assessment: Systematic Treatment Selection/InnerLife, T. Mark Harwood, Larry E. Beutler, Oliver B. Williams, and R. Scott Stegman
4. The Integrative Clinical Interview, Paulo Machado, Larry E. Beutler, T. Mark Harwood, David Mohr, and Samarea Lenore
5. Integrating Intelligence and Personality, Elizabeth J. Austin, Gregory J. Boyle, Gary Groth-Marnat, Gerald Matthews, Donald H. Saklofske, Vicki L. Schwean, and Moshe Zeidner
6. The MMPI-2, James N. Butcher, Larry E. Beutler, T. Mark Harwood, and Kathy Blau
7. The Personality Assessment Inventory, Leslie C. Morey, Sara E. Lowmaster, T. Mark Harwood, and Daniel Pratt
8. The Millon Clinical Multiaxial Inventory-III, Paul D. Retzlaff, Thomas Dunn, and T. Mark Harwood
9. The NEO Inventories, Robert R. McCrae, T. Mark Harwood, and Sarah L. Kelly
10. The Rorschach and Performance-Based Assessment, Radhika Krishnamurthy, Robert P. Archer, and Gary Groth-Marnat
11. Integrative Personality Assessment in Special Settings, Gary Groth-Marnat, Ronald A. Stolberg, Bruce Bongar, and Keith Burke
12. Integrative Personality Assessment with Older Adults and Ethnic Minorities, Martha R. Crowther, Audrey L. Austin, Forrest Scogin, T. Mark Harwood, and Sean Harrell
13. Applying Assessment Information: Decision Making, Patient Feedback, and Consultation, Richard W. Levak, R. Sean Hogan, Larry E. Beutler, and Xiaoxia Song
14. The Integrated Psychological Report, Steven Kvaal, James Choca, Gary Groth-Marnat, and Ari Davis
Appendix A. Test Scores for D. K. by Chapter
Appendix B. Test Publishers/Distributors
Appendix C. Systematic Treatment Selection Analysis
Larry E. Beutler, PhD, is the William McInnes Distinguished Professor and former Chair of the PhD Programs at Palo Alto University's Pacific Graduate School of Psychology. He is also Consulting Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences at Stanford University School of Medicine. Dr. Beutler is a Fellow of the American Psychological Association and the American Psychological Society and is the author of 23 books and over 400 scholarly papers and chapters.
Gary Groth-Marnat, PhD, ABPP, ABAP, is Professor of Clinical Psychology at Pacifica Graduate Institute and a psychologist in private practice in Santa Barbara, California. He is the author of 150 chapters/journal articles and four books. Dr. Groth-Marnat is a Fellow of the American Psychological Association (Division 12), Fellow of the Society for Personality Assessment, Diplomate of the American Board of Professional Psychology, Diplomate of the American Board of Assessment Psychology, and recipient of numerous awards.
"Every once in a great while, a book comes along that is truly indispensable. Integrative Assessment of Adult Personality is such a book. Comprehensive, authoritative, and scholarly, the third edition will be a valuable addition to any practitioner’s library, and is well suited as a text for graduate courses in psychological assessment."--Robert F. Krueger, PhD, Distinguished McKnight University Professor, Department of Psychology, University of Minnesota-
"As both a classroom text and a practitioner reference, this volume provides considerable insight into the importance of an integrated approach to assessment across clinical, research, forensic, and educational settings. It is an essential work that incorporates principles, procedures, and tests into a single volume. I enthusiastically recommend this book to all mental health professionals and their trainees. The third edition attests to these outstanding authors' continuing contributions to the field."--Terence M. Keane, PhD, National Center for PTSD, VA Boston Healthcare System, and Department of Psychiatry, Boston University School of Medicine
"This third edition provides a masterful synthesis of cutting-edge practice and research on adult psychological assessment. The authors explain/m-/and illustrate in a compelling case example/m-/how to integrate information into a coherent, treatment-useful assessment. They walk us step by step through defining the referral question, selecting tests, conducting the clinical interview and the major inventories, providing feedback, and preparing an integrated report. Impressive and unique in so many ways!"/m-/John C. Norcross, PhD, ABPP, Department of Psychology, University of Scranton