This book explores the potential of hydrogels as a multi-utility system and their benefits (biocompatibility, degradability, and supporting scaffolds) for wide range of applications in diagnostics and therapeutics. It also discusses the future prospects and challenges in transition from hydrogels to nanogels. The book demonstrates the effectiveness of hydrogels in diagnostics of diseases in various in-vivo and in-vitro environments and highlights the designing and engineering of hydrogels for everyday drug dosage and possible functionalization to fabricate an efficient drug carrier.
1. Hydrogels and their fundamentals
Shabnam Pathan, Suryasarathi Bose
2. Role of Nano-biotechnology in hydrogels and their medicinal advancements.
Shumaila Shaukat, Yinmao Wei, Muhammad Arsalan
3. Conducting polymer-based hydrogels and scaffolds.
Neha Kanwar Rawat, Anujit Ghosal
4. Smart hydrogels and their responsiveness.
Eijaz Ahmed Bhat, Nasreena Sajjad Wasifa Noor, Ifrah Manzoor, et al.
5. Hydrogel for sensing application.
Tamal Sarkar, Tarun Kumar Dhiman, Partima R. Solanki
6. Biomedical application of hydrogel and their importance.
Abhijeet Mishra, Anujit Ghosal, Rangnath Ravi, et al.
7. Hydrogels and their imaging application.
Darryl Taylor, Rupak Dua
8. Hydrogels in tissue engineering.
Tanya Chhibber, Ravikumar Shinde, Behnaz Lahooti, et al.
9. Antibacterial Hydrogels and Their Implications.
Jyoti Bala, Anupam J Das, Ajeet Kaushik
10. Challenges and future prospects associated with smart hydrogels for drug delivery and imaging.
Arti Vashist, Rameen Walters, Madhavan Nair