Internet of Drones
Applications, Opportunities, and Challenges
- Available for pre-order on April 24, 2023. Item will ship after May 15, 2023
Prices & shipping based on shipping country
This book covers different aspects of Internet of Drones (IoD) including fundamentals in drone design, deployment challenges, and development of applications. It starts with a detailed description of concepts and processes in designing an efficient system, and architecture. It details different applications of IoD and its implementations in smart cities, agriculture, healthcare, defense, security, logistics, GIS mapping, and so forth. Recent developments in IoD design, application of AI techniques, case studies, and future directions are covered.
- Focusses on important perspectives of the Internet of Drones (IoD)
- Emphasizes drone deployment in smart cities, smart agriculture, smart healthcare, and 3D mapping
- Covers challenges in drone design for applications with security and privacy issues
- Reviews diversified drone applications with real-use cases from modern drone players ranging from startup companies to big giants in the drone industry
- Includes different aspects of drone design such as hardware and software architecture, potential applications, and opportunities
This book is aimed at researchers and professionals in computer sciences, electronics & communication engineering, and aeronautical engineering.
Table of Contents
1. Internet Of Drones: Applications, Challenges, Opportunities. 2. Modelling, Simulation and Analysis Hybrid Unmanned Aerial Vehicle with C-Wing. 3. Influence of Machine Learning Technique in Unmanned Aerial Vehicle. 4. Review of Medical Drones in Healthcare Applications. 5. CoVacciDrone: An Algorithmic Drone based COVID-19 Vaccine Distribution Strategy. 6. Ambulance Drone for Rescue - A Perspective on Conceptual Design, Life Detection Systems and Prototype Development. 7. A Comprehensive Review on Internet of Agro Drones for Precision Agriculture. 8. A Smart WeeDrone for Sustainable Agriculture. 9. Internet of Agro Drones for Precision Agriculture. 10. IOD Enabled Swarm of Drones for Air Space Control. 11. Drones for Disaster Response and Management.
Dr. Saravanan Krishnan is working as a senior assistant professor in the Department of Computer Science & Engineering at Anna University, Regional Campus, Tirunelveli, Tamil Nadu. He has done M.E Software Engineering and Ph.D in Computer Science engineering. His research interest includes Cloud Computing, Software Engineering, Internet of Things, Smart cities. He has published papers in 14 international conferences and 27 international journals. He has also written 14 book chapters and edited eight books with international publishers. He has done many consultancies works for Municipal Corporation and Smart City schemes. He is an active researcher and academician. He is a member of ISTE, IEI, ISCA, ACM, etc.
He has also trained and interviewed the engineering college students for placement training & counselling. He has conducted many ISTE workshops in association with IIT Bombay and IIT Kharagpur. He is also coordinator for IIRS (Indian Institute of Remote Sensing) outreach programme. He has delivered more than 50 guest lecturers in many seminar/conference in reputed engineering colleges.
Dr. M. Murugappan received his M.E. (Applied Electronics), and Ph.D. (Mechatronic Engineering) from Anna University, India, and University Malaysia Perlis, Malaysia, respectively, in 2006, and 2010. Since February 2016, he has been working as an Associate Professor in the Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering at the Kuwait College of Science and Technology (KCST), Kuwait. He had more than 15 years of research and teaching experience in different countries, such as India, Malaysia, and Kuwait. His publications and research have been recognized with various research awards, medals, and certificates. In the fields of Experimental Psychology, Artificial Intelligence, and Cognitive Neuroscience, he was ranked in the top 2-percent of scientists in the world by Stanford University researchers in 2020 and 2021. More than 125 of his research articles have appeared in peer-reviewed journals, conference proceedings, and book chapters. A maximum score of 4807 citations is recorded by Google Scholar, along with an H index of 36 and an I10 score of 73 (Ref: Google Scholar citations). His research has been awarded nearly $2.5 Million by the government of Malaysia, Malaysia, and Kuwait Foundation for Advancement of Sciences (KFAS), Kuwait. He has also guided 14 postgraduate students, 9 Ph.D. and 5 M.Sc. He is currently an Editorial Board member for PLOS ONE, Human Centric Information Sciences, Journal of Medical Imaging and Health Informatics, and International Journal of Cognitive Informatics. Currently, he serves as the Chair of Educational Activities in the IEEE Kuwait Section. He is primarily interested in Affective Computing, Affective Neuroscience, IoT, IoMT, Cognitive Neuroscience, Brain-Computer Interface, Neuromarketing, Neuroeconomics, Medical Image Processing, Machine Learning, and Artificial Intelligence. He is a member of professional international societies such as IEEE, IET, IACSIT, IAENG, and IEI. He has given expert talks in Affective Computing, Artificial Intelligence in Healthcare, and Affective Neuroscience.