Introduction to AutoCAD 2021 for Civil Engineering Applications
Learning to use AutoCAD for Civil Engineering Projects
- This format cannot be shipped to your selected country.
- Available for pre-order. Item will ship after September 6, 2020
There is an old saying that an engineer describes every idea with a drawing. With the advances in computer technology and drawing software, it has never been easier, or more important, to learn computer aided design. To be effective, however, a drawing must accurately convey your intended meaning and that requires more than just knowing how to use software. This book provides you with a clear presentation of the theory of engineering graphics and the use of AutoCAD 2021 as they pertain to civil engineering applications. This combination of theory and its practical application will give you the knowledge and skills necessary to create designs that are accurate and easily understood by others.
Each chapter starts with a bulleted list of chapter objectives followed by an introduction. This provides you with a general overview of the material that will be covered in the chapter. The contents of each chapter are organized into well-defined sections that contain step-by-step instructions and illustrations to help you learn to use the various AutoCAD commands. More importantly, you will also learn how and why you would use these tools in real world projects.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to Engineering Graphics
2. Getting Started with AutoCAD 2021
3. Basics of 2-Dimensional Drawings
4. Basics of 2-Dimensional Editing
7. Layout and Template Files
8. Dimensioning Techniques
10. Land Survey
12. Drainage Basin
14. Road Design
16. Floor Plan
18. Site Plan
19. Construction Drawings
20. Plotting from AutoCAD 2021
21. External Reference Files (Xref)
22. Suggested In-Class Activities
23. Homework Drawings