Airline operations are large, complex, and expensive. Introduction to Aviation Operations Management attempts to systematically present the overall scenario of aviation industry and airline practices. Furthermore, concepts, strategies, and issues prevailing in the aviation industry are addressed through numerous operations management and optimization approaches. The book aims to provide readers with an insight into aviation industry practices with respect to airport management, resource allocation, airline scheduling, disruption management, and sustainability which are significant for day-to-day aviation operations.
- Presents operations management perspectives in the aviation sector
- Discusses global scenarios of aviation industry and airline practices
- Concepts are explained through operations management and optimization approaches
- Discusses airport management, resource allocation, airline scheduling, and disruption management issues
- Includes standard practices and issues related to the aviation industry.
This book is aimed at senior undergraduate students pursuing programs related to the aviation industry and operations management.