Using various and competing religious sensibilities, Introduction to the Philosophy of Religion helps students work through the traditional material and their own religious questions.
Introduction: Philosophy and Religion
1. Religions of the World
2. Proving God’s Existence
3. Religious Faith and Proving God’s Existence
4. Is Religious Belief Reasonable?
5. Religious Discovery: Is the Discovery of God Possible?
6. The Religious Problem of Evil
8. Religion and Morality
9. Religious Language, Metaphor, and Gender
10. Religious Realism and the Meaning of God
11. Religious Plurality: The Mutual-Opposition View, Exclusivism, Inclusivism, and Pluralism
12. Other Ways of Understanding Religious Plurality