Workbook 1 of the Japanese Stage-Step Course is designed to be used alongside Stage One of the Grammar Textbook. It contains grammar exercises, along with new vocabulary and conversational, listening, and reading practice for each chapter in the textbook, so that students will be able to thoroughly practice the grammatical structures they have learnt. Additional features include:
- detailed explanation of vocabulary items
- information on the system of Kanji
- abundant exercises including sentence as well as discourse practices
- extensive cross-referencing with the Grammar Textbook
- Japanese-English and English-Japanese glossary.
All the audio material for Workbook 1 is available on CD1.
Table of Contents
Preface. Preparatory stage. 1-1. Beginning the study of Japanese 1-2. Basic structures of Japanese 1-3. Question sentences 1-4. On predicates 1-5. Particles and conjunctions (review and beyond) 1-6. Numbers and counters 1-7. Polite and plain forms of predicates 1-8. Conjunctive forms and their uses 1-9. More about adverbials 1-10 Emotive expressions 1-11 Introduction to the honorific language