Busy teachers need a complete solution to teaching the literacy hour in year two. These exciting themed packs provide the answer. They assist children in improving their writing through speaking and listening, drama and role-play.
Each of the six packs contain material for half a term of literacy hour activities and together provide a year long integrated programme.
Each pack includes
- a large resource book, with fascinating stimulus material such as lively illustrations, model texts, poems and non-fiction material linked to each theme
- an A4 teachers’ book including medium and short term plans linked to detailed lessons plans. These cover fiction, non-fiction and poetry, photocopy masters and all the back-up information that teachers and assistants need to plan creative literacy sessions.
Writing activities in this pack include:
- non-fiction - writing simple recounts, making class book
- fiction - writing stories focusing on structure and sequence
- poetry - adding new lines or verses to familiar poems.