This short book examines the availability and adoption of new education technologies in higher education institutions in India. It provides a summary of the activities in which such technologies are being used and the catalytic factors for such adoptions. The book also evaluates the impact on skill development, and will be a useful reference for those who are interested to find out more about technology adoption and implementation in higher education, and what the challenges are through the learning experiences in these education institutions.
Table of Contents
2. Literature Review
3. Profile of Institutions and Degree of Net Use
4. Adoption of Digital Technologies in Tertiary Education
5. Analysis of Motivational Factors using Extended-TAM Approach
6. Role of Management in Promotion of Net Use
7. Summary and Policy Implications
Kaushalesh Lal is Professor at the Society for Development Studies, New Delhi and a Professorial Fellow at United Nations University – Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (UNU-MERIT), Maastricht.
Shampa Paul is Associate Professor at the Society for Development Studies, New Delhi.