Learning to Teach Design and Technology in the Secondary School aims to help student teachers in their task of learning and developing their professional practice. It provides the theory underpinning important issues, and links this to practical classroom situations. Topics covered include:
- areas of subject knowledge content and how this can be audited and developed
- the importance of health and safety in design and technology work
- the integration of ICT into teaching and learning
- planning lessons and classroom management
- assessment in design and technology
- design and technology and its links with the community.
The book is designed to help student teachers to develop their subject knowledge, teaching skills, understanding of the wider issues and their ability to reflect on classroom practice.
Table of Contents
1. D&T in the school curriculum 2. Teaching electronics and communications technology 3. Teaching food technology 4. Teaching materials technology 5. Teaching textiles technology 6. Teaching graphics products 7. Teaching vocational D&T 8. Health & safety in D&T 9. ICT in design & technology 10. Pupil learning 11. Planning your teaching 12. Teaching design & technology 13. Assessment 14. D&T and cross-curricular issues 15. Continuing Professional Development