Leveraging Synergies Between Refining and Petrochemical Processes provides a detailed description of the interfaces and connections between crude oil refining and petrochemicals. It offers a view of global and regional markets and economic opportunities for synergies between these sectors.
- Shows a global and regional market outlook for crude oil refining and petrochemical sectors
- Explores economic and market opportunities for taking advantage of the synergies between both sectors
- Analyzes the technical challenges and opportunities that come with these synergies
- Gives an outlook and prediction of what companies will be able to achieve in the mid-term future
- Provides introductory and explanatory material as well as in-depth insight into future technology and market developments
This book serves as a reference for professionals in chemical engineering, oil and gas engineering, and industrial chemistry. It aims to help engineers and industry professionals understand the challenges and the potential benefits of developing expansion or optimization projects that may bridge the gap between refining and petrochemicals.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction. 2. Fundamentals. 3. Economic View. 4. Technical View. 5. Conclusion and Outlook.
Mr. Lucke is a well-established and recognized expert in the oil refining and gas processing industries with over 29 years of experience as a consultant, engineer and manager. Starting as process and technology engineer in one of Germany’s leading refinery, Eberhard moved on to work in Venezuela, the USA and South America in distinct roles like consultant, lead process engineer, owner’s engineer, project manager, department manager and company executive. He led studies and design work in oil refining and petrochemicals, as well as gas monetization and carbon capture and utilization.
In 2012 Eberhard founded Lucke Consulting Technology Services, LLC to utilize his technical expertise and industry experience in the growth and development of clients across the energy sector. Since then he supported many projects as owner’s engineer and consultant by providing design reviews, due diligence and technical management. Eberhard serves on the advisory board for the Professional Science Masters Program (Environmental) at Rice University and several other advisory boards.
Edgar is a Chemical Engineer who graduated from the National Autonomous University of Mexico with more than 15 years’ experience in the O&G industry. In his career he worked for different EPC companies like Fluor, Technip and CH2M Hill and executed work tasks to accomplish the different stages of the design and construction process. In his roles he was involved in the design of several refining and petrochemical facilities. Edgar is currently working as a Technical Manager for the Americas Division of Vopak.