Library Training for Staff and Customers
- This format is currently out of stock.
Enable your library staff to deliver the most effective services possible!This comprehensive book is designed to assist library professionals involved in presenting or planning training for library staff members and customers. Library Training for Staff and Customers covers training issues from many points of view ranging from top management to department managers.Library Training for Staff and Customers contains essential information to help you make the right training decisions when planning for your staff. Library Training for Staff and Customers explores ideas for:
- effective general reference training
- training on automated systems
- training in specialized subjects such as African-American history and biography
- training for areas such as patents and trademarks
- training for research on business subjects. Library Training for Staff and Customers answers numerous training questions and is an excellent guide for planning staff development and setting a training budget for your library. Make your library more effective and easier for your patrons to use with the strategies in this book!
Table of Contents
- More Than Meets the Eye: Management Support for Reference Service and Training
- Technology Training at the St. Louis Public Library
- Training Staff for Business Reference
- A Model Workshop to Increase Knowledge of African-American Reference Sources for Public Services Library Staff
- Fully Disclosed Yet Merely Descriptive: Intricacies of Training the Patient and Trademark Information Professional
- Training, A Library Imperative
- Reference Notes Included