Low-dimensional magnetism physics involves the search for new magnetic compounds and improving their characteristics to meet the needs of innovative technologies. A comprehensive overview of key materials, their formulation data and characteristics are detailed by the author.
Key selling features:
- Explores dominant mechanisms of magnetic interaction to determine the parameters of exchange interactions in new magnetic materials.
- Describes how magnetism and superconductivity not only compete, but also "help" each other.
- Details characteristics of key materials in the magnetic subsystem.
- Results of several internationally renowned research groups are included and cited.
- Suitable for a wide range of readers in physics, materials science, and chemistry interested in the problems of the structure of matter.
Table of Contents
Introduction. Magnetic Clusters. Quasi-One-Dimensional Magnetic Materials. Spin Ladders. Quasi-two-dimensional magnetic materials with a square lattice. Quasi-two-dimensional magnetic materials with a triangular lattice. Quasi-two-dimensional magnetic materials with a magnetic lattice of honeycombs. Quasi-two-dimensional magnetic materials with triangular motifs in the structure. Conclusions. References.
BISAC Subject Codes/Headings:
- SCIENCE / Chemistry / General
- SCIENCE / Chemistry / Physical & Theoretical
- SCIENCE / Solid State Physics
- TECHNOLOGY & ENGINEERING / Material Science