Luminescent materials with advanced performance are in the research hot spot with the recent technical developments of the display, lighting, and fluorescence labeling. Rare-earth-doped luminescent materials have been the focus of the research community owing to their wide applications in display devices, temperature sensors, solar cells, biomedical fields, optoelectronics, etc. This book covers the broad aspects of organic and inorganic materials based phosphors. The purpose of this book is to provide an up-to-date account of the present status and advancement of various techniques of synthesis of luminescent materials and their advanced applications in different areas. This book will cover all the experimental and theoretical approaches related to the rare-earth-doped luminescent materials. It also contains all the necessary information about the rare-earth-doped luminescent materials that were used in the past few years. In a nutshell, this book provides a unique platform to the newcomers who are planning to do research on rare-earthdoped luminescent materials as well as the researchers who are well established in this field.
Table of Contents
1. Tb3+ Activated High-Color-Rendering Green Light Yttrium Oxyorthosilicates Phosphors for Display Device Application
Dhananjay K. Deshmukh, Jayant Nirmalkar and Mozammel Haque
2. Versatile Applications of Rare-Earth Activated Phosphate Phosphors: A Review
Sumedha Tamboli, Govind B. Nair, S.J. Dhoble and H.C. Swart
3. Photoluminescence Mechanism and Key Factors to Improve Intensity of Lanthanide Doped Tungstates/Molybdates Phosphor with Their Applications
Neha Jain, Rajan Kumar Singh, R.A. Singh, Sudipta Som, Chung-Hasin Lu and Jai Singh
4. Down Converted Photoluminescence of Trivalent Rare-Earth Activated Glasses for Lighting Applications
Sathravada Balaji, Amarnath R. Allu, Mukesh Kumar Pandey, Puja Kumari and Subrata Das
5. Effect of CaZrO3 Doping by Gd3+ on Phototherapy Lamp Phosphor Performance
Neha Dubey, Marta Michalska-Domańska, Jagjeet Kaur Saluja, Janita Saji and Vikas Dubey
6. Investigations on Tunable Blue Light Emitting P-Acetyl Biphenyl-DPQ Phosphor for OLED Applications
S.Y. Mullemwar, G.D. Zade, N. Thejo Kalyani, S.J. Dhoble and Xiaoyong Huang
7. Phosphors in Role of Magnetic Resonance, Medical Imaging and Drug Delivery Applications: A Review
Neha Dubey, Vikas Dubey, Jagjeet Kaur, Dhananjay Kumar Deshmukh and K.V.R. Murthy
8. Visible Light Emitting Ln3+ Ions (Ln= Eu, Sm, Tb, Dy) in Mg2SiO4 Host Lattice
Ramachandra Naik, S.C. Prashantha, H. Nagabhushana, Yashwanth V. Naik, K.M Girish, H.B. Premkumar and D.M. Jnaneshwara
9. Synthesis and Luminescence Characteristics of Europium Doped Gadolinium Based Oxide Phosphors for Display and Lighting Applications
Jyoti Singh, Dirk Poelman, Vikas Dubey and Vinay Gautam
10. Comparative Study on Synthesis of Gd2O3:Eu Phosphors by Various Synthesis Routes
Ruby Priya, O.P. Pandey and Vikas Dubey
11. Significance of TL Radiation Dosimetry of Carbon Ion Beam in Radiotherapy
Karan Kumar Gupta, N.S. Dhoble, Vijay Singh and S.J. Dhoble
12. Upconversion Photoluminescence in the Rare Earth Doped Y2O3 Phosphor Materials
R.S. Yadav, Monika and S.B. Rai
13. Synthesis and Potential Application of Rare Earth Doped Fluoride Based Host Matrices
S.P. Tiwari, R.S. Yadav, S.K. Maurya, A. Kumar, Vinod Kumar and H.C. Swart
14. Preparation of Thin Films using Electron Beam Evaporation Deposition Method
D.S. Kshatri and Shubhra Mishra
Vikas Dubey completed his PhD from the National Institute of Technology Raipur, Chhattisgarh, India in 2015. He has published more than 100 articles in SCI journals, 5 books published internationally, one book chapter in a Springer Journal, as well as one edited book with IGI global. He is an editorial board member of 3 journals including one Elsevier publication. He has completed two minor research project funded by CCOST. He has also received the young scientist award from Chhattisgarh state.
Sudipta Som completed his PhD from ISM Dhanbad. After that he successfully completed his Post-Doc from University of Free State South Africa. Presently he is working on MOST fellowship at the National Taiwan University Taipei. He has published more than 50 articles in SCI journals. He has also published one book internationally.
Vijay Kumar is an Assistant Professor at Chandigarh University, Gharuan, Mohali, India. He was a postdoc fellow in Professor Swart’s group at the University of the Free State, South Africa from April 2013–December 2015. During the last eight years of his research career, he has published a significant number of publications to his credit on diverse topics/areas. So far, he has published more than 70 research papers in many of the reputed international journals, which attracted more than 1630 citations with an h-index of 23. He has edited 02 books for Springer and Wiley respectively and one is in the final stages of publication with Springer. He is a reviewer for about 40 international and national professional journals in his field (or in related fields). He is a member of the editorial board of few journals. He is a lead guest editor of Virtual Special Issue of VACUUM (Elsevier Journal, I.F. = 1.53) and Materials Today: Proceedings which will publish the proceedings of ISFM-2018. He has received "Teacher with Best Research Contribution Award" by Hon'ble Chancellor, Chandigarh University on Teachers Day. He has received the Young Scientist Award under the fast track scheme of Department of Science and Technology (Ministry of Science and Technology, Government of India), New Delhi. He has also received an Indo – US R&D Joint Networked Center Research Project grant from The Indo-US Science and Technology Forum (IUSSTF) in collaboration with Harvard-MIT Division of Health Sciences and Technology, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), USA; Texas A&M University, USA and Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur. He has been nominated as a member of the Scientific Advisory Committee for Initiative for Research and Innovation in Science (IRIS) by DST for 03 years (2017-2020). He is also serving as the Conference Chairs/ Convener of International Symposium on Functional Materials (ISFM-2018): Energy and Biomedical Applications.