The purpose of this handbook is to allow users to learn and master the mathematics software package MATLAB®, as well as to serve as a quick reference to some of the most used instructions in the package. A unique feature of this handbook is that it can be used by the novice and by experienced users alike. For experienced users, it has four chapters with examples and applications in engineering, finance, physics, and optimization. Exercises are included, along with solutions available for the interested reader on the book’s web page. These exercises are a complement for the interested reader who wishes to get a deeper understanding of MATLAB.
- Covers both MATLAB and introduction to Simulink
- Covers the use of GUIs in MATLAB and Simulink
- Offers downloadable examples and programs from the handbook’s website
- Provides an introduction to object oriented programming using MATLAB
- Includes applications from many areas
- Includes the realization of executable files for MATLAB programs and Simulink models
Table of Contents
1 Introduction to MATLAB
2 Plotting with MATLAB
3 Variables and Functions
4 Matrices and Linear Algebra
6 Programming in MATLAB
7 Object-Oriented Programming
8 Graphical User interfaces
10 MATLAB Applications to Engineering
11 MATLAB Applications to Physics
12 Applications to Finance
13 Image Processing in MATLAB
David Báez López is a professor and researcher at the School of Engineering in the University of the Americas Puebla (UDLAP).
David Alfredo Báez Villegas is an electrical engineer with a Masters degree in Project Management (École de Technologie Supérieure, Montréal) and Electrical Engineering (Texas A&M University).