Management Communication A Case Analysis Approach
This textbook introduces students to the strategic communication methods that are crucial to master in order to develop into effective and ethical managers at all levels of business.
Effective communication skills are necessary for success in the business world, and O’Rourke has written a highly readable book filled with anecdotes and examples to engage students in the learning process. This edition includes several classic and new features:
- The strategic approach is integrated throughout the book, allowing students to understand how a communicated message impacts the business as a whole.
- Case studies throughout the book provide students with hands-on experience of scenarios they will encounter in the real world. The book includes at least three dozen fresh, classroom-tested cases.
- An ethical thread is woven through the text, demonstrating how ethical decision making can be applied in all aspects of communication.
- Separate chapters on technology (including social media), intercultural communication, nonverbal communication and conflict management provide students with the skills to building relationships and influencing stakeholders; key skills for any manager.
A companion website includes comprehensive support material to teach this class, making Management Communication a complete resource for students and instructors.
1. Management Communication in Transition
2. Communication and Strategy
3. Communication Ethics
8. Listening and Feedback
9. Nonverbal Communication
10. Intercultural Communication
11. Managing Conflict
12. Business Meetings That Work
13. Dealing with the News Media