Management Strategies for Water Use Efficiency and Micro Irrigated Crops presents new research and technologies for making better use of water resources for agricultural purposes. The chapters focus on better management to improve allocation and irrigation water efficiency and look at performance factors as well. Chapters look at irrigation technology, environmental conditions, and scheduling of water application.
One section of the book focuses on water management in the cultivation of sugarcane, a very important industrial crop used in many fields. Other sections are devoted to principles and challenging technologies, water use efficiency for drip-irrigated crops, performance of fertigated rice under micro irrigation, and evaluation of performance of drip-irrigated crops.
This valuable book is a must for those struggling to find ways to address the need to maintain efficient crop production in the midst of water shortages. With chapters from hands-on experts in the field, the book will be an invaluable reference and guide to effective micro irrigation methods.
Table of Contents
Part 1: Micro Irrigation: Principles And Challenging Technologies
1. Wireless Automation of Drip Irrigation System Using Cloud Computing
M. Deiveegan et al.
2. Fertilizer Recommendations for Drip-Irrigated Cotton under Inductive Cum Targeted Yield Model
Praveena K. Stephen, Santhi Rangasamy, and Pradip Dey
3. Supplementary Irrigation Using Rain-Gun Sprinklers for Increasing Productivity in Drylands
4. Impact of Irrigation Methods on Soil, Water, and Nutrient Use Efficiency of Integrated Cropping: Livestock Production Systems
V. S. Mynavathi et al.
5. Estimation of Resource Use Pattern of Crops Cultivated Across Different Farm Sizes
A. Revathy and D. David Rajasekar
Part 2: Water Use Efficiency For Drip-Irrigated Crops
6. Water Use Efficiency of Fodder (Desmanthus virgatus) under Check Basin, Furrow, and Rain-Gun Irrigation Methods
V. S. Mynavathi M. Murugan, and H. Gopi
7. Water Productivity of Micro Irrigated Cassava (Manihot esculenta Crantz)
Sunitha Sarojini Amma and James George
8. Water Use Efficiency of Pearl Millet and Napier Hybrid Grass under Irrigation Regimes and Nitrogen Fertigation
Part 3: Performance Of Fertigated Rice Under Micro Irrigation
9. Status of Drip Irrigation Research in Rice: A Review
R. Nageswari, R. Chandrasekaran, and T. Saranraj
10. Performance of Fertigated Aerobic Rice under Drip Irrigation
S. K. Natarajan, V. K. Duraisamy, and K. S. Usharani
Part 4: Drip Fertigated Sugarcane: Management Strategies And Economics
11. Performance of Castor + Onion Intercropping System under Drip Fertigation
K. R. Pushpanathan
12. Performance of Intercrops under a Sustainable Sugarcane Initiative
R. Chandrasekaran et al.
13. Water-Soluble Fertilizers for Sustainable Sugarcane Initiative under a Subsurface Drip Fertigation System
Anbarasu Mariyappillai, Gurusamy Arumugam, and Indirani Ramesh
14. Performance, Water Productivity, and Economics of Sugarcane Production in Different Agro-Climatic Zones of Tamil Nadu
B. J. Pandian et al.
15. Economic Returns of Sustainable Sugarcane Initiative Technology in Sugarcane Cultivation
V. Saravanakumar et al.
Part 5: Performance Of Drip-Irrigated Crops
16. Automated and Non-Automated Fertigation Systems for Cucumber inside a Poly House
Anjaly C. Sunny and V. M. Abdul Hakkim
17. Performance of Drip-Irrigated Cauliflower using a Poly Lactic Acid Roll Planter
K. Vaiyapuri, B. J. Pandian, and Selvaraj Selvakumar
18. Performance of Drip-Fertigated Banana under Polyethylene Mulching
K. B. Sujatha et al.
19. Performance of Turmeric (Curcuma longa L.) under Drip Fertigation
K. S. Sangeetha and J. Suresh
20. Performance of Drip-Fertigated Tuberose (Polianthes tuberosa L.) under PE Mulching
J. Kabariel, M. Kannan, and M. Jawaharlal
Megh R. Goyal, PhD, PE, is now a Retired Professor in Agricultural and Biomedical Engineering from the General Engineering Department at the College of Engineering at University of Puerto Rico–Mayaguez Campus (UPRM), and Senior Technical Editor-in-Chief for Agricultural and Biomedical Engineering for Apple Academic Press Inc.
B. J. Pandian, PhD, is presently working as Director of the Water Technology Centre, Tamil Nadu Agricultural University in Coimbatore, India.