Management of Civic Energy and the Green Transformation
A Case Study of Poland
- Available for pre-order on April 21, 2023. Item will ship after May 12, 2023
Prices & shipping based on shipping country
An increase in the global demand for energy, combined with an increase in the price of energy and energy products, has advanced the growing interest in renewable energy technologies and the wide implementation of renewable energy sources (RES). Member states of the European Union have been global leaders in the use of renewable energy and in the transition to new technologies. Management of Civic Energy and the Green Transformation: A Case Study of Poland examines the current issues of transitioning from traditional energy sources to newer, renewable energy sources, while balancing supplies, and working synergistically with existing, conventional sources.
- Offers a balanced blend of theory and practice of development economics for renewable energy implementation
- Presents a case study of how Poland is working toward their energy transition, and provides other examples and recent statistical data from other European Union countries
- Analyzes the legal and systemic conditions supporting the development of renewable energy systems and offers direction on the potential for the green development of the civic energy sector
Table of Contents
1. Energy and Energetics in the Face of Socioeconomic and Environmental Changes. 2. Efficiency in Energy. 3. Costs in the Energy Sector. 4. Managing Transformation in the Area of Civic Energy. 5. Socioeconomic Conditions for the Development of Renewable Energy in Terms of Civic Energy. 6. The Role of Renewable Energy in the Polish Energy Sector as well as its Resources and Use. 7. Analysis of the Potential and Possibilities for the Development of Civic Energy - the Case of Poland.
Assoc. Prof. Eng. Anna Brzozowska, Ph.D., is an associate professor in the field of economics, in the discipline of management science. Currently, she works at the Department of Logistics at the Faculty of Management of the Czestochowa University of Technology. Since 2000, her research and teaching activity has been associated with the Czestochowa University of Technology. She is the author or co-author of about 180 scientific publications. Her research interests include the issues of management, transport, logistics processes and innovative pro-ecological solutions, the subject of which she addresses in her scientific publications. From 2018-2021, she was the editor-in-chief of Scientific Journals of the Czestochowa University of Technology Management.
Assoc. Prof. Eng. Piotr Masloch, PhD is a Professor at War Studies University in Warsaw, Management and Command Faculty. He is an officer of the Polish Army and Dean's Representative for EU projects. He is also an author and manager of international projects (founded by UE) in the field of new technologies and modern education. He is an active teacher and researcher in management, sustainable energy, sustainability, and environmental impact. He is also a reviewer of scientific publications of the best Polish Universities and international publishing houses, as well as an author or co-author of more than 100 publications as paper contribution on international journals, book chapters and conference proceedings. His research interests include management, new technology, global aspects of management, and globalization.
Dr. Grzegorz Masloch is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Economics and Finance at the Warsaw School of Economics. He is the Head of postgraduate studies for Local Government Managers and Head of Postgraduate Studies of Waste Management at the Warsaw School of Economics. His research interest includes the issues of strategic management and investment projects implemented in renewable energy, and the issues of innovative pro-ecological solutions and energy efficiency.