Now in a fully revised and updated fourth edition, Managing Sport Organizations introduces the fundamentals of sport management across every industry sector, from youth and intercollegiate sport to professional leagues. Bridging the gap between theory and practice, it covers every key topic, issue and concept in contemporary sport management, including:
This new edition contains expanded coverage of current topics such as international sport, ethics, new technologies, and career pathways in sport management. Each chapter includes a full range of useful features, such as case studies, career insights, management exercises, study questions, and definitions of key terms and concepts. No other textbook combines the rigor of the business school with the creativity and dynamism of modern sport business.
Accompanied by additional online resources, this is the perfect foundation for any course in sports management, sports administration or sport business.
1. The Sport Management Challenge
2. Defining Management and the Branded and Licensed Sport Product Industry
3. Globalization, Ethics and International Sport Industry Segments
4. Information Technology (IT) Management and the Sport Media Industry
5. Developing Goals and School and Youth Sport
6. Decision Making and the Health and Fitness Industry
7. Strategic Management and the Sport Facilities Industry
8. Designing the Organization and the Sport Agency Industry
9. Motivation and Leadership and Intercollegiate Athletics
10. Human Resource Management and the Tour Sport Industry
11. Managing Change and the Professional League Sport Industry
12. Stepping into Your Future in Sport
To gain access to the instructor resources for this title, please visit the Instructor Resources Download Hub.
You will be prompted to fill out a registration form which will be verified by one of our sales reps.