This book shows IT managers how to identify, mitigate and manage risks in an IT outsourcing exercise. The book explores current trends and highlights key issues and changes that are taking place within outsourcing. Attention is given to identifying the drivers and related risks of outsourcing by examining recently published and existing concepts of IT outsourcing.
Founded on academic theory and empirical and quantitative information, this book:
* Incorporates the complete risk identification and mitigation life cycle
* Highlights the concept of core competency
* Looks at motivating factors and working relationships of the buyer and supplier
* Provides background to understand the risks as a result of ‘human factors’ as defined by the agency theory
* Reviews the areas of risk that influence the decision to outsource the IT function
* Examines the forces that determine the equilibrium in the risk profiles for the buyer and supplier
A global practice – sharing and outsourcing the strategic IT function; The challenge of Outsourcing the IT function – the need to understand risks; The risks experienced – the buyer and supplier of IT outsourcing services; Understanding risks in an IT Outsourcing exercise – a old tool with a new application; Measuring risks in an IT Outsourcing exercise; Mitigating risks in an IT Outsourcing exercise – access to information; Using outsourcing services - gambling on the future.