Marketing Destinations and Venues for Conferences, Conventions and Business Events introduces students to key areas of marketing and promotion that are essential if destinations are to compete successfully in the rapidly expanding global business event sector. It achieves this by looking at issues surrounding business event marketing, strategic planning, destination and venue selling strategies and future challenges.
The 2nd Edition has also been updated to include:
- New content on: destination marketing organisations’ and venues’ use of technology, use and impact of social media, sponsorship and partnership issues, economic changes as well as their responses to demand for sustainable meetings locations
- Updated and new case studies on growth areas and emerging markets e.g. Middle East, Asia, Eastern Europe/Russia, Africa and South America, but also to include material on mature markets, destinations and venue operators
- A genuinely international focus in terms of content and examples
- New review and discussion questions and, where appropriate, learning outcomes
- New online resource package for students and lecturers including: weblinks, power point slides and project questions (coming soon).
Accessible, global and informative, this is essential reading for all future business event and conference managers.
"The 2nd edition of Marketing Destinations and Venues for Conferences, Conventions and Business Events offers an excellent introduction to the topic. The book has been comprehensively updated to include the latest trends and developments in web marketing, social media and technology. The book offers an excellent range of international case studies, including a great selection of destinations, intermediaries and venues, drawn from all four corners of the globe. This book will be an invaluable resource to anyone teaching, researching or studying conferences, conventions and business events." - Judith Mair, Senior Lecturer in Event Management, School of Business, The University of Queensland
"The time has come for destination marketers to start thinking globally. This book shows the reader examples of successful marketing techniques from all over the world, focusing on conference, convention and business events. Included are valuable case studies and discussion questions to engender dialogues, whether in a classroom or boardroom. This book should be in the library of every Destination Marketing Organization, and also used as a textbook in undergraduate and graduate college classes that focus on this topic." - Patti J. Shock, CPCE, CHT, Academic Consultant, The International School of Hospitality, Professor Emeritus, University of Nevada, Las Vegas
"This book provides insights into what shapes the industry today and in the future, seen through the critical lens of Rogers and Davidson, both recognised specialist in the MICE and Venues Industry. If you want to stay one step ahead of your competitors, then don’t put this book down. Its essential reading for professional development." - Scott Taylor, Chief Executive, Glasgow City Marketing Bureau