This volume elaborates on mechatronics as the synergistic integration of mechanical engineering with electronics and intelligent computer control in the design and manufacturing of industrial products and processes. It considers the integration of mechanical systems (mechanical elements, components, machines), electronic systems (microelectronics, sensor and actuator technology), and information technology. The book’s chapters present the principles of mechatronic systems design and solid materials in small elementary steps, provide an abundance of examples, and feature problems that are as practical as possible without becoming too involved with many extraneous details.
1. Parametric Study and Optimization of Parameters in Powder Mixed Wire-EDM Using Taguchi Analysis
Swarup S. Deshmukh et al.
2. Three and Four Precision Position Graphical and Analytical Synthesis Procedure Mechanism Design for Agricultural Tillage Operation
N. R. N. V. Gowripathi Rao, Himanshu Chaudhary, and Ajay Kumar Sharma
3. Mechanics of Metal Removal in Abrasive Jet Machining
V. Dhinakaran, Jitendra Kumar Katiyar and T. Jagadeesha
4. Evaluating the Mass Sensing Characteristics of Single-Walled Carbon Nanocones
Umang B. Jani et al.
5. Mechanics and Material Removal Modeling and Design of Velocity Transformers in Ultrasonic Machining
V. Dhinakaran Jitendra Kumar Katiyar and T. Jagadeesha
6. Pre-Strain in VHB 4910 Dielectric Elastomer towards Kinetics of Crystallization
Dhananjay Sahu, Raj Kumar Sahu, and Karali Patra
7. End Life Cycle Recycling Policy Framework for Commercially Available Solar Photovoltaic Modules and Their Environmental Impacts
Manisha Sheoran, Pancham Kumar, and Susheela Sharma
8. Simulation of Multilayer Atom Nanostructures for Spinmechatronics
A. V. Vakhrushev et al.
9. Modeling of Deformation and Fracture Process of Layered Nanocomposites
A. Yu. Fedotov, A. T. Lekontsev, and A. V. Vakhrushev
10. Elastoplastic Modeling of an Orthotropic Boron-Aluminum Fiber-Reinforced Composite Thick-Walled Rotating Cylinder Subjected to a Temperature Gradient
A. G. Temesgen, B. Singh, and T. Pankaj