Meeting the Needs of Your Most Able Pupils: Religious Education provides specific guidance on:
- recognising high ability and multiple intelligences
- planning, differentiation and extension/enrichment in RE
- teacher questioning skills
- support for more able pupils with special educational needs (dyslexia, ADHD, sensory impairment)
- recording and assessment
- beyond the classroom: Visits, summer schools, masterclasses, links with universities, businesses and other organisations.
This book includes comprehensive appendices with linked resources available online that feature:
- useful contacts and resources
- lesson plans
- liaison sheets for Teaching Assistants
- homework activities
- monitoring sheets.
This book is essential for secondary teachers, subject heads of departments, leading teachers for G&T Education (Gifted and Talented co-ordinators), SENCos and LA advisers.
Table of Contents
Foreword; Introduction; The National Picture; Departmental Policy and Approach; Recognising High Ability or Potential; Classroom Provision; Supporting the Learning of More Able Pupils; Beyond the Classroom; Appendices; References.
BISAC Subject Codes/Headings:
- EDUCATION / General
- EDUCATION / Special Education / Gifted
- EDUCATION / Teaching Methods & Materials / Arts & Humanities