184 pages | 46 B/W Illus.
Membrane-Distillation in Desalination is an attempt to provide the latest knowledge, state of the art and demystify outstanding issues that delay the deployment of the technology on a large scale.
It includes new updates and comprehensive coverage of the fundamentals of membrane distillation technology and explains the energy advantage of membrane distillation for desalination when compared to traditional techniques such as thermal or reverse osmosis.
The book includes the latest pilot test results from around the world on membrane distillation desalination.
1. The Water Nexus and Desalination
2. Membrane Distillation Desalination Principles and
3. Membranes for Membrane Distillation in Desalination
4. Membrane Distillation Module Design
5. Membrane Distillation Performance Analysis
6. Membrane Fouling and Scaling in Membrane Distillation
7. Membrane Improvement in Membrane Distillation
8. Modeling of Membrane Distillation
9. Low-Carbon Energy Sources for Membrane Distillation
Processes for Desalination
10. Conclusions and Future Horizons for Membrane Distillation