First published in 1992: This book provides a comprehensive look at the design and production of microcapsules, microspheres, and nanoparticles. It discusses the diverse aspects and skills that must be mastered to prepare and test products that will work correctly and be clinically acceptable for human or animal use.
1. Introduction and Overview
Part 1: Advances in Production Technology and Characterization Of Microcapsules, Microspheres, and Nanoparticles
2. Developments in Phase Separation Methods, Aggregation Control, and Mechanisms of Microencapsulation
3.Formation of Degradable Drug-Loaded Microparticles by In-Liquid Drying Processes
4. Fluid-Bed Spray Coating
5. Polyanhydride Microspheres as Drug Delivery Systems
Edith Mathiowitz and Robert Langer
6. Nanoparticles - Preparation and Applications
7. Recent Advances Using Microencapsulation for Taste Masking of Bitter Drugs
J.A. Bakan et al.
Part 2: Biological Transit and Interactions, Release Kinetics, Pharmacokinetics And Bioavailability
8. Gastrointestinal Transit of Microcapsules
John T. Fell
9. Interaction of Microcapsules with Blood Components
10. Recent Advances in Microencapsulation of Drugs to Obtain Reduced Gastric Irritation
J.A. Bakan et al.
11. In Vitro Release from Microcapsules and Microspheres
12. The Relation of Release Profiles from Ensembles to Those of Individual Microcapsules and the Influence of Types of Batch Heterogeneity on Release Kinetics
13. Pharmacokinetic Considerations Related to Bioavailability of Sustained-Release Microencapsulated Drugs for Oral Use - Assessment of Absorption Rates
Shigeru Goto and Takahiro Uchida
Part 3: Clinical Applications, Targeting, and Living and Artificial Encapsulated Cells.
14. Clinical Uses of Microcapsules and Microspheres
Kazuhiko Juni and Masahiro Nakano
15. Chemo-Embolization and Passive Targeting with Degradable Starch Microspheres
Peter Edman and Ingvar Sjöholm
16. Active Targeting of Microcapsules and Microspheres to Specific Regions
Julia J. Wright and Lisbeth Illum
17. Erythrocytes as Microvesicles
David A. Lewis and H. Oya Alpar
18. Microencapsulation of Living Cells and Tissues.
Anthony M. Sun, Ivan Vacek, and Isaballa Tai
19. Recent Advances in Artificial Cells with Emphasis on Biotechnological Approaches Based on Microencapsulation
Thomas Ming Swi Chang
Are there elusive titles that you need and have been trying to source for years but thought that you would never be able to find?
Well this may be the end of your quest – here is a fantastic opportunity for you to discover past brilliance and purchase previously out of print and unavailable titles by some of the world’s most eminent academic scholars.
Drawing from over 100 years of innovative, cutting-edge publishing, Routledge Revivals is an exciting programme whereby key titles from the distinguished and extensive backlist of the many acclaimed imprints associated with Routledge will be re-issued.
The programme draws upon the illustrious backlists of Kegan Paul, Trench & Trubner, Routledge & Kegan Paul, Methuen, Allen & Unwin and Routledge itself.
Routledge Revivals spans the whole of the Humanities and Social Sciences, and includes works by some of the world’s greatest thinkers including Emile Durkheim, Max Weber, Simone Weil, Martin Buber, Karl Jaspers and Max Beloff.
If you are interested in Revivals in the Behavioral Sciences, please visit https://www.routledge.com/series/PSYREVIVALS