Spearheading the promotion of international technology transfer in the fields of mine planning, mining systems design, equipment selection and operation techniques, the International Symposium on Mine Planning and Equipment Selection is recognised by the mining society as a key annual event in highlighting developments within the field. Here in this volume, proceedings from the thirteenth annual symposium concentrate on the following major topics:
* open pit and underground mine planning, modelling and design
* mining and processing methods
* design, monitoring and maintenance of mine equipment
* simulation, optimalization and control of technological processes
* management, mine economics and financial analysis
* health, safety and environmental protection.
Including 147 papers from leading experts and authorities, Mine Planning and Equipment Selection undoubtedly provides valuable information and insight for a range of engineers, scientists, researchers and consultants involved in the planning, design and operation of underground and surface mines.