Mineral-Filled Polymer Composites
Perspectives, Properties, and New Materials
- Available for pre-order. Item will ship after October 29, 2021
Mineral-filled polymer composites are widely used in industries across the globe and applications are increasing continuously in sectors such as shipping, manufacturing, and renewable energy. One of two volumes comprising the Mineral-Filled Polymer Composites Handbook, this volume provides an overview of the latest research and future directions of advanced mineral fiber- reinforced polymer composites, focused specifically on materials properties. It covers fundamentals, recent progress, and new materials involved in mineral-filled polymer composites and includes a wide-ranging listing of chapters authored by an international team of experts.
- Examines the properties of a wide range of materials, from macro- to nano-sized
- Highlights resources for biobased minerals production and compares biobased minerals with commercial mineral fillers
- Covers novel synthesis methods
- Discusses effects of aging on properties
- Describes using halloysite and montmorillonite to improve composite properties and the potential of using mineral fillers to enhance the properties of biopolymer and synthetic polymers
This book serves as an excellent reference guide for researchers, advanced students, academics, and industry professionals interested in the synthesis of mineral-filled polymer and biopolymer composites, as well as those pursuing research in the broad fields of composite materials, polymers, organic/inorganic hybrid materials, and nano-assembly.
Table of Contents
1. Biomineral Filler Reinforced Polymer Composites. 2. Mechanical Properties of Geopolymer Filler in Polymer Composites. 3. Basalt Fiber Reinforced Polymer Hybrid Composite: A Review. 4. Properties Enhancement of Poly(Lactic Acid) Biopolymer Using Mineral Fillers. 5. Ageing of Mineral Reinforced Polymer Composites. 6. Clay Filled Natural Rubber Composites: Mechanical and Other Related Properties. 7. Clay Filled Natural Rubber Composites: A Special Focus to Strain-induced Crystallization of the Composites. 8. Mechanical and Functional Properties of Rubber Composites Reinforced With Alumina Particles. 9. Magnetite Filled Rubber Composites. 10. Characterization and Properties of Montmorillonite Reinforced Thermoplastic Composites. 11. Mineral Filled Polymer Composites: Reliability, Challenges, Opportunities and Future Perspectives.
Hanafi Ismail is the Director of Innovation Centre and Consultation, Universiti Sains Malaysia, Fellow Academy of Science Malaysia (FASc) and ex-Dean School of Materials and Mineral Resources Engineering. Prof. Hanafi is a Fellow at Science Academy of Malaysia and Top Malaysian Scientist 2012 and 2014. S.M. Sapuan is Professor of Composite Materials at Universiti Putra Malaysia. He earned his B.Eng degree in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Newcastle, Australia in 1990, MSc from Loughborough University, UK in 1994 and Ph.D from De Montfort University, UK in 1998. In 2019, he was awarded Top Research Scientist Malaysia (TRSM 2019) and Professor of Eminence Award from AMU, India. R. A. Ilyas was the recipient of Gold Medal Malaysian Vaccines & Pharmaceuticals (MVP) Doctor of Philosophy 2019, and Top Student Award (Institute of Tropical Forest and Forest Products (INTROP), Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM), Malaysia).