Mineral-filled polymer composites are widely used in industries across the globe, and applications are continuously increasing in sectors such as shipping, manufacturing and renewable energy. One of two volumes comprising the Mineral-Filled Polymer Composites Handbook, this volume provides an overview of the latest research and future directions of advanced mineral fiber-reinforced polymer composites, focused specifically on materials properties. It covers fundamentals, recent progress and new materials involved in mineral-filled polymer composites and includes a wide-ranging list of chapters authored by an international team of experts.
- Examines the properties of a wide range of materials, from macro- to nano-sized
- Highlights resources for bio-based minerals production and compares bio-based minerals with commercial mineral fillers
- Covers novel synthesis methods
- Discusses effects of aging on properties
- Describes using halloysite and montmorillonite to improve composite properties and the potential of using mineral fillers to enhance the properties of biopolymer and synthetic polymers
This book serves as an excellent reference guide for researchers, advanced students, academics and industry professionals interested in the synthesis of mineral-filled polymer and biopolymer composites, as well as those pursuing research in the broad fields of composite materials, polymers, organic/inorganic hybrid materials and nano-assembly.