325 pages | 105 B/W Illus.
Missile Guidance, Second Edition provides a timely survey of missile control and guidance theory, based on extensive work the author has done using the Lyapunov approach. This new edition also presents the Lyapunov-Bellman approach for choosing optimal parameters of the guidance laws, and direct and inverse optimal problems are considered. This material is important for readers working in the areas of optimization and optimal theory. This edition also contains updated coverage of guidance and control system components, since the efficiency of guidance laws depends on their realization. The text concludes with information on the new generation of intercept systems now in development.
1. Basics of Missile Guidance
2. Parallel Navigation
3. Analysis of PN Guided Missile Systems in the Time Domain
4. Analysis of PN Guided Missile Systems in the Frequency Domain
5. Design of Guidance Laws Implementing Parallel Navigation: A Time Domain Approach
6. Design of Guidance Laws Implementing Parallel Navigation: A Frequency Domain Approach
7. Guidance Law Performance Analysis under Stochastic Inputs
8. Guidance of Fixed-Wing UAVs
9. Testing Guidance Laws Performance
10. Integrated Missile Design
11. New Generation of Intercept Systems for National Missile Defense
12. Missile Guidance Software