The book examines environmental issues and their solutions with advancements in biotechnology and nanotechnology. This book will focus on environmental friendly waste management, wastewater treatment, and utilization of wastes for energy. As humanity is struggling for clean air, water and even contaminant free food, our society must ponder the condition of environment. This book covers a variety of environmental issues and how they could be solved through innovations in science, engineering and technology. The authors examine the use of biotechnological methods to remediate wastewater, toxic organic compounds and sludge management problems. The topics include different research disciplines such as water and wastewater treatment, solid waste management and utilization of wastes for energy. This book will be useful for researchers, students, scientists and academicians who are working in multidisciplinary areas like microbiology, biotechnology, nanotechnology to address environmental issues such as water and wastewater treatment, solid waste management and energy resources. Nanobiotechnology for Green Environment covers a variety of environmental issues and how they could be solved through innovations in science, engineering and technology.
Table of Contents
1. Global Environmental Issues and Role of Nanotechnology and Biotechnology for Green Environmental Processes.
Chhotu Ram, Amit Kumar, Yilkal Bezie
2. Municipal Solid Waste Management: Recent Practices.
Chhotu Ram, Amit Kumar
3. Recent advances in the structural modifications of nanoparticles to enhance photocatalytic activity.
Anoop Kumar Verma, Steffi Talwar, Navneet Kaur, Vikas Kumar Sangal
4. Microbiological degradation of organic pollutants from industrial wastewater.
Ayantika Banerjee, Moharana Choudhury, Arghya Chakravorty, Bhabatush Biswas, Siva Sankar Sana, Rehab A. Rayan, Nalluri Abhishek, Vimala Raghavan, Neeta L. Lala, Seeram Ramakrishna
5. Lignocellulosic biomass wastes to bioenergy: Microbial enzymes for 2nd generation biofuels.
Amit Kumar, Diwakar Aggarwal, Amit Kumar Bharti, Chhotu Ram
6. Microbiological removal of heavy metals from environment/wastewater: An eco-friendly approach.
Dushyant Kumar, Sandeep K Malyan, Amrish Kumar, Jagdeesh Kumar
7. Recent trends in Solar photocatalytic degradation of organic pollutants using TiO2 nanomaterials.
Chhotu Ram, Bushra Zaman, Rajesh Kumar Jena, Amit Kumar
8. Recent advancement in phytoremediation for removal of toxic compounds.
Yilkal Bezie, Mengistie Taye, Amit Kumar
9. Utilization of nanoparticle loaded adsorbable materials for leachate treatment.
10. Application of fe-tio2 nano particle composite for the removal of ofloxacin using the in-situ dual effect of photocatalysis and photo-fenton utilizing ann combined with bbd
Steffi Talwar, Anoop Kumar Verma, Vikas Kumar Sangal
Dr. Amit Kumar is an Assistant Professor at Department of Biotechnology, College of Natural and Computational Sciences, Debre Markos University (Ethiopia).
Dr. Chhotu Ram is an Assistant Professor at Department of Chemical Engineering at Adigrat University, Ethiopia.