This new volume highlights the emergence and rapid development of nanotechnology-enhanced solid materials and the ways they have impacted almost every aspect of nanoengineering. The chapters explore the role of nanomaterials in industries in diverse applications, such as for insulation and reinforcement of composite materials. The book focuses on the design, synthesis, and properties of solid materials, presenting updated, practical, and systematic knowledge on the modification of nanomaterials. The topics include photovoltaic applications of solid carbons, mesoporous silica nanomaterials, smart biopolymer composites and polymer solids, graphene oxide as an emerging solid-based nanocomposite material, steady-state creep deformation, and more.
1. Photovoltaics Applications of Solid Carbons in Molecular Forms
K. V. Arun Kumar, P. Arjun Suresh, Greeshma Sara John, et al.
2. Role of Carbon Nanotubes as Supported Metal-Nanoparticles Catalysis
H. Akhina and Tressia Alias Princy Paulose
3. Mesoporous Silica Nanomaterials and Porous Solids
Lavanya Tandon, Vijender Singh, Aabroo Mahal, et al.
4. Trends in Smart Biopolymer Composites and Polymer Solids with Multidisciplinary Applications in Nanoscience and Nanotechnology
Amir Gull, Raees Ul Haq, Mohd. Aaqib Sheikh, et al.
5. A Computational Study of Metal Doped Silver Nanoparticle-Based Clusters
Shayeri Das, Prabhat Ranjan, and Tanmoy Chakraborty
6. Graphene Oxide as an Emerging Solid-Based Nanocomposite Material for Highly Efficient Supercapacitors
Ranjit Debnath and Mitali Saha
7. Applications of Recycled Solid Substances of Solar Photovoltaic Modules and Their Environmental Impact Analysis
Manisha Sheoran, Pancham Kumar, Susheela Sharma, et al.
8. Core-Shell Structure, Super Para Magnetism, and Functionalization of Magnetic Solid Nanoparticles and Their Application in Treatment of Wastewater
Aditi Singh, Rajpreet Kaur, Anita Gupta, et al.
9. Solid-State Carbon Nanotubes
10. CNT-Based Solid Composites for Water Treatment
Rony Rajan Paul and Maria Mathew
11. Investigation of Selected Anti-Bacterially Modified Micro/Nano-Polymers Using Cold Plasma
Igor Novák, Anton Popelka, Ahmed Asanidezhad, et al.
12. Steady-State Creep Deformation in Rotating Discs and Cylinders: For Macro to Micro/Nano-Scale Systems
Savita Bansal and Satya Bir Singh