This book covers the use of accessible natural fibers towards the requirement and compatibility of industrial sustainability. Using natural characteristics of composites through technology and techniques, the inherent qualities of natural fibers are discussed in relation to the design of experiments. This book also elaborates on the durability of composites subjected to environmental conditions, biodegradability, environmental issues, product life cycle assessment and testing methods.
- Offers detailed coverage of functional aspects of natural fiber composites along with applications
- Discusses natural fiber inherent character based composite formation techniques
- Reviews micro-mechanical and macro-mechanical properties and functional use of natural fiber reinforced composites
- Content based on functional requirements selection and process consideration
- Discusses product life cycle assessment and recycling techniques
This book is aimed at researchers, students, industrialists, and fabricators of composites.
Table of Contents
1. Kinds of Natural Fibres and Its Special Characteristics 2. Interfacial Compatibility 3. Design of Experiments Towards Manufacturing Composites 4. Modeling of Natural Fibre Composites 5. Process and Production Techniques of Composites 6. Product Life Cycle Assessment and Suitability 7. Testing of Composites 8. Rheology and Insulation Behavior of Composites 9. Application of Composites in Engineering 10. Applications of Composites in Artifact and Furniture Making 11. Recycling of Natural Fibre Composites
G. Ramakrishna is a Professor in Department of Fashion Technology and Coordinator of KCT-TIFAC CORE, Kumaraguru College of Technology, Coimbatore with total of 33 years of experience that includes industry and academics. He completed his doctoral degree from Anna University, Chennai in 2010. He has published 35 papers in international peer reviewed journals which includes an international monograph TEXTILE PROGRESS published by the TEXTILE INSTITUE, UK and co-authored a book on “CONTROL SYSTEMS IN TEXTILE MACHINES” published by Woodhead Publishing Pvt Ltd, India. He coordinated to set up the prestigious TIFAC CENTER OF RELEVANCE AND EXCELLENCE project in Textile Technology and Machinery, the first of its kind in India, funded by Department of Science and Technology, Government of India in KCT campus. G. Mohamed Zakriya, M.Tech., M.B.A., (Ph.D) is an effective academician, trainer and researcher in the field of fashion, technical textiles & industrial management. He has published 8 international peer reviewed journal papers. His area of work is in functional composites. He has conducted much work in composites and everything filed in IPR. Presently he is working at Kumaraguru College of Technology, Coimbatore in Fashion Technology department as a Junior Research Fellow for the DST SEED project work.