This volume focuses on natural language processing, artificial intelligence, and allied areas. Natural language processing enables communication between people and computers and automatic translation to facilitate easy interaction with others around the world. This book discusses theoretical work and advanced applications, approaches, and techniques for computational models of information and how it is presented by language (artificial, human, or natural) in other ways. It looks at intelligent natural language processing and related models of thought, mental states, reasoning, and other cognitive processes. It explores the difficult problems and challenges related to partiality, underspecification, and context-dependency, which are signature features of information in nature and natural languages.
- Addresses the functional frameworks and workflow that are trending in NLP and AI
- Looks at the latest technologies and the major challenges, issues, and advances in NLP and AI
- Explores an intelligent field monitoring and automated system through AI with NLP and its implications for the real world
- Discusses data acquisition and presents a real-time case study with illustrations related to data-intensive technologies in AI and NLP.
Table of Contents
1. A Survey on Social Business Intelligence: A Case Study of Applications of Dynamic Social Networks for Decision Making
Subrata Paul, Chandan Koner, and Anirban Mitra
2. Critical Concepts and Techniques for Information Retrieval Systems
Mohd Shahid Husain
3. Futurity of Translation Algorithms for Neural Machine Translation (NMT) and Its Vision
K. Mandal et al.
4. Role of Machine Learning and Application toward Information Retrieval in Clouds
Mishra Sambit Kumar, Mishra Brojo Kishore, and Prasad Suman Sourav
5. Ontology-Based Information Retrieval and Matching in IoT Applications
M. Lawanya Shri et al.
6. Parts-of-Speech Tagging in NLP: Utility, Types, and Some Popular PoS Taggers
Soumitra Ghosh and Brojo Kishore Mishra
7. Text Mining
S. Karthikeyan et al.
8. A Brief Overview of Natural Language Processing and Artificial Intelligence
Sushree Bibhuprada B. Priyadarshini, Amiya Bhusan Bagjadab, and Brojo Kishore Mishra
9. Use of Machine Learning and a Natural Language Processing Approach for Detecting Phishing Attacks
Chandrakanta Mahanty, Devpriya Panda, and Brojo Kishore Mishra
10. Role of Computational Intelligence in Natural Language Processing
Bishwa Ranjan Das and Brojokishore Mishra
Brojo Kishore Mishra, PhD, is a Professor in the Computer Science and Engineering Department
at the Gandhi Institute of Engineering and Technology University (GIET), Gunupur, Odisha, India.
He has published more than 30 research papers in national and international conference
proceedings, over 25 research papers in peer-reviewed journals, and over 20 book chapters, and
has authored two books and edited three books to date. His research interests include data
mining and big data analysis, machine learning, soft computing, and evolutionary computation.
Raghvendra Kumar, PhD, is an Associate Professor in the Computer Science and Engineering
Department at GIET University, India. He was formerly associated with the Lakshmi Narain
College of Technology, Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh, India. He also serves as Director of the IT and
Data Science Department at the Vietnam Center of Research in Economics, Management,
Environment, Hanoi, Vietnam. Dr. Kumar serves as editor of the book series Internet of
Everything: Security and Privacy Paradigm and the book series Biomedical Engineering:
Techniques and Applications. He has published a number of research papers in international
journals and has served in many roles for international and national conferences.