New Developments in Difference Equations and Applications
Proceedings of the Third International Conference on Difference Equations
The late Professor Ming-Po Chen was instrumental in making the Third International Conference on Difference Equations a great success. Dedicated to his memory, these proceedings feature papers presented by many of the most prominent mathematicians in the field. It is a comprehensive collection of the latest developments in topics including stability theory, combinatorics, asymptotics, partial difference equations, as well as applications to biological, social, and natural sciences. This volume is an indispensable reference for academic and applied mathematicians, theoretical physicists, systems engineers, and computer and information scientists.
Table of Contents
1. Boundedness of Solutions of a Plant-Herbivore System A.M. Amleh, J.T. Hoag, and G. Ladas
2. A Mathematical Model of a Discrete Nonlinear Oscillator Leon Arriola Vassal Bernie
3. A Method for Solving Second Order Difference Equations Sui Sun Cheng
4. Stability of Partial Difference Equations Saber Elaydi J. Feuer and G. Ladas
5. Recent Developments in the Asymptotics of Difference Equations
6. Finding Invariant Regions of Non-Autonomous Lyness-Type Difference Equations
7. On a Discrete Model of Mutualism
8. Asymptotic Constancy to the Neutral Delay Difference Equation K. Gopalsamy and P. Liu
9. On the Behavior of a Rational First Order Equation Yoshihiro Hamaya
10. Finite Difference Equations and Periodicity Jerzy Popenda E. Magnucka-Blandzi and J. Popenda
11. Estimate of Stability Region for Delay Difference Equations Shunian Zhang
Cheng, Sui Sun; Elaydi, Saber N.