Nonprofit and Business Sector Collaboration
Social Enterprises, Cause-Related Marketing, Sponsorships, and Other Corporate-Nonprofit Dealings
Business managers: are you considering supporting a worthy cause?
Nonprofit administrators: are you considering looking for a corporate partner?
Examine ways to reap the benefitswhile avoiding the sometimes-hidden pitfallsof these partnerships!
In the last decade, cooperation between businesses and nonprofit organizations has increased dramatically. Businesses, no longer content to simply make contribution to worthy causes, are now working with nonprofits in ways that help them increase their visibility and reach new consumer groups. In this book, top researchers explore the how, why, and when of this kind of collaboration. In addition to examining the various types of relationships that currently exist between these kinds of organizations and what the future could hold, Nonprofit and Business Sector Collaboration goes on to explore cause-related marketing, philanthropy, social enterprise, sponsorships, alliances, licensing agreements, and more.
This informative book illustrates the motives for and expected outcomes of developing these collaborative business relationships, and then gets specific with insightful examinations of:
- the role that marketing plays in cross-sector collaboration
- alliances (strategic partnerships, symbiotic marketing, etc.) and the characteristics each partner and the partnership itself must have to succeed
- how the public's attitude toward a charity can change when the charity accepts corporate donations
- how existing perceptions of a company's ethics can affect a cause-related marketing campaign
- Pepsi's cause-related marketing campaigns in Spainhow they were perceived by the Spanish population, and their effect on the company's image there
- how nonprofits can create successful relationships with corporate sponsors and their customers
- how businesses and arts organizations can work together for their mutual benefit
- and more!
Table of Contents
- Dimensions of Business and Nonprofit Collaborative Relationships
- Marketing’s Role in Cross-Sector Collaboration
- Theory of Alliances: Partnerships and Partner Characteristics
- Dangerous Donations? The Effects of Cause-Related Marketing on Charity Attitude
- The Effects of Prior Impressions of a Firm’s Ethics on the Success of a Cause-Related Marketing Campaign: Do the Good Look Better While the Bad Look Worse?
- Effect of Cause-Related Marketing on Attitudes and Purchase Intentions: The Moderating Role of Cause Involvement and Donation Size
- A Study on the Effect on Cause-Related Marketing on the Attitude Towards the Brand: The Case of Pepsi in Spain
- Cause-Related Marketing: Keys to Successful Relationships with Corporate Sponsors and Their Customers
- Revisiting Business and the Arts
- When Soloists Form a Choir: Communication Requirements of Sustainability Networks
- Reference Notes Included