Novel Processing Methods for Plant-Based Health Foods Extraction, Encapsulation, and Health Benefits of Bioactive Compounds
Free Shipping (6-12 Business Days)
This new volume presents an array of new and emerging techniques in the food processing sector, focusing on the extraction, encapsulation, and health benefits of bioactive Compounds. It illustrates various applications of novel food processing extraction and encapsulation techniques along with the health and safety aspects of plant-derived bioactive compounds and functional foods
Some of the sustainable and green extraction techniques discussed include novel extraction techniques, such as microwave-assisted extraction (MAE), ultrasonic assisted extraction (UAE), supercritical fluid extraction (SFE), accelerated solvent extraction (ASE), and rapid solid-liquid extraction (RSLE).
The volume also covers the principles and methods of encapsulation, its role and application in protection and stabilization and as a targeted delivery system for enhanced nutritional health benefits. Various encapsulation methods, such as spray drying, spray cooling/chilling, fluidized bed coating, coacervation, liposome entrapment, extrusion, inclusion complexation, etc., are discussed in detail for application in the food industry.
Novel Processing Methods for Plant-Based Health Foods: Extraction, Encapsulation, and Health Benefits of Bioactive Compounds also highlights the potential of nutraceuticals and biological active compounds in human health, various sources, consumers’ acceptance, safety aspects, and their application in development of functional foods.
This volume offers many tremendous applications in different areas of the food industry, including in food processing, preservation, health-promoting properties, and safety and quality evaluation of plant-based foods. The book provides a wealth of information and will be an excellent reference material for researchers, scientists, students, growers, traders, processors, industry professionals, and others on the emerging food processing approaches for extraction and encapsulation of plant-based bioactive compounds and health-promoting properties of plant-derived nutraceuticals and safety aspects in production of functional foods.
Part I: Novel Extraction Methods for Bioactive Compounds
1. Principles and Applications of Extraction Technologies in the Food Industry
R. Pandiselvam, B. L. Dinesha, and Anjineyulu Kothakota
2. Novel Extraction Methods: Profiling of Natural Phytochemicals
Bhupinder Kaur, Salam Maheshkumar Singh, and Prem P. Srivastav
3. Extraction of Value-Added and High-Value Food Products.
Pradip B. Dhamole, Sheetal Kothawale, and S. S. Lele
4. Ultrasonic-Assisted Extraction of Polyphenols from Food Processing Wastes
Madhulekha Rakshit and Prem P. Srivastav
Part II: Encapsulation Methods for Bioactive Compounds
5. Encapsulation Technologies: Principles and Applications in the Food Industry
Nazia Tabassum et al.
6. Encapsulation of Natural Polyphenols for Food Applications
Madhulekha Rakshit, Soubhagya Tripathy, and Prem P. Srivastav
7. Microencapsulation of Natural Pigments
R. C. Ranveer, Bhagwan K. Sakhale, and U. S. Annapure
Part III: Health Promoting Activities of Bioactive Compounds
8. Role of Phytochemicals in Human Health
Bhagwan K. Sakhale, Namrata A. Giri, and B. B. Borse
9. Nutraceuticals with Health-Promoting Activities
Sangeeta Saikia, Nikhil K. Mahnot, and Kuldeep Gupta
10. Functional and Nutraceutical Foods: Health and Safety Aspects
Monika Thakur, Vatsala Sharma, and Ashmita Singh
11. Edible Mushroom Phenolics: Health and Future Perspectives
Sanusi S. Nassarawa et al.
12. Nutritional Constituents and In Vitro Antioxidant Activities of Selected Wild Edible Fruits
Sangita Muchahary et al.
13. Delivery of Probiotics in the Food Industries
B. Renuka and B. B. Borse
We offer free standard shipping on every order across the globe.
- Free Shipping (6-12 Business Days)