Numerical Modelling of Discrete Materials in Geotechnical Engineering, Civil Engineering and Earth Sciences
Proceedings of the First International UDEC/3DEC Symposium, Bochum, Germany, 29 September - 1 October 2004
In this fully up-to-date volume, important new developments and applications of discrete element modelling are highlighted and brought together for presentation at the First International UDEC/3DEC Symposium.
Papers covered the following key areas:
* behaviour of masonry structures (walls, bridges, towers, columns)
* stability and deformation of tunnels and caverns in fractured rock masses
* geomechanical modelling for mining and waste repositories
* rock reinforcement design (anchors, shotcrete, bolts)
* mechanical and hydro-mechanical behaviour of dams and foundations
* rock slope stability, deformation and failure mechanisms
* modelling of fundamental rock mechanical problems
* modelling of geological processes
* constitutive laws for fractured rock masses and masonry structures
* dynamic behaviour of discrete structures.
Numerical Modelling of Discrete Materials in Geotechnical Engineering, Civil Engineering, and Earth Sciences provides an ultra-modern, in-depth analysis of discrete element modelling in a range of different fields, thus proving valuable reading for civil, mining, and geotechnical engineers, as well as other interested professionals.