First published in 1980: This book attempts to coalesce current information regarding the oncogenic properties of those human and animal herpesviruses which has been studied in some detail.
Table of Contents
1. Herpetic Latency and Reactivation
2. The Role of Epstein-Barr Virus in Burkitt’s Lymphoma and Nasopharyngeal Carcinoma
H. zur Hausen
3. Oncogenic Potential of Herpes Simplex Viruses and their Association with Cervical Neoplasia
A.J. Nahmias and B. Norrild
4. Oncogenic Properties of Human Cytomegalovirus
5. Interaction of Herpesviruses and Retroviruses
G.D. Hsiung and C.K.Y. Fong
6. Control of Herpesvirus Infections
Fred Rapp is Professor and Chairman of the Department of Microbiology at The Milton S. Hershey Medical Center of the Pennsylvania State University.