The first learning module covers the important principles of one-point lessons. The second module uses a case study based on establishing a preventive maintenance system for equipment being used by a grounds-keeping crew. Learners work together in small groups to develop a one-point lesson. The third module has learners creating one-point lessons based on conditions in their own work.
As part of the tool, lessons are divided into three types:
- Basic Lessons describe something team members need to know for everyday work or participation in improvement activities.
- Problem Case Studies use actual examples of breakdowns, defects, and other abnormalities to illustrate what should be done everyday to prevent problems from recurring.
- Improvement Case Studies describe the concepts, contents, and results of actual improvement resulting from team activities, so that similar improvements can be made in other areas.
The toolkit includes:
- Leader's guide
- CD-ROM (Powerpoint slides, examples of One-Point Lesson, PDF files with forms and checklists, and certificates of completion)
- Curriculum for three learning modules
- Tests for evaluation
- Reference section