Written for users, this book provides a structured approach with processes for implementing OEMS based on the learnings and experiences from companies who have implemented OEMS. The book leverages the knowledge of experienced OEMS personnel to provide a compelling sense of direction for organizations in the implementation of OEMS. The book includes sample templates and tools where necessary to ensure successful implementation and sustainment. The content of this book provides a testing methodology for implementing an OEMS across any organization while avoiding the pitfalls others have encountered along the way. The book:
- Provides a simple and easy process to follow for implementing an OEMS
- Offers organizations an opportunity to avoid the implementation errors of early adopters and provides them with the ability of learning from the experiences of others
- Equipped with tools and processes to make implementation and sustainment very effective, thereby avoiding false starts
- Designed to improve HSE, business reliability, efficiency, effectiveness, and performance on an ongoing basis
- Presents a simple pathway for helping organizations across all industries including those that operate within the various segments of the Oil and Gas business, to become more operationally disciplined in the way we do business and operate our assets in a high-risk operating environment
Table of Contents
Introduction to OEMS. Repackaging Existing Management System into an OEMS. Learning to Write – Writing for Users. Implementation Models Based on Organizational Readiness and OEMS Implementation Status. Establishing OEMS Element Implementation and Sustainment Networks. Pre-Implementation Preparation and Readiness. Implementation – Year 1 – Focus on Big Wins and Known Gaps and Opportunities. Implementation – Year 2 and Subsequent Years. Auditing for Conformance and Compliance. Stewarding OEMS Implementation and Progress. Selecting the OEMS Implementation and Sustainment Software Platform. Managing Performance. Summary and Conclusion.