This powerful new volume explores the diverse and sometimes unexpected roles that IoT and AI technologies played during the recent COVID-19 global pandemic. The book discusses the how existing and new state-of-the art technology has been and can be applied for global health crises in a multitude of ways.
The chapters in Pandemic Detection and Analysis through Smart Computing Technologies look at exciting technological solutions for virus detection, prediction, classification, prevention, and communication outreach. The book considers the various modes of transmission of the virus as well as how technology has been implemented for personalized healthcare systems and how it can be used for future pandemics.
The huge importance of social and mobile communication and networks during the pandemic is addressed such as in business, education, and healthcare; in research and development; for health information and outreach; in social life; and more. A chapter also addresses using smart computing for forecasting the damage caused by COVID-19 using time series analyses.
This up-to-the-minute volume illuminates on the many ways AI, IoT, machine learning, and other technologies have important roles in the diverse challenges faced during COVID-19 and how they can be enhanced for future pandemic situations. The volume will be of high interest to those in different fields of computer science and other domains as well as to data scientists, government agencies and policymakers, doctors and healthcare professionals, engineers, economists, and many other professionals. This book will also be very helpful to faculty, students, and research scholars in understanding the pre- and post-effect of this pandemic.
1. Modes of Transmission of Coronavirus
Mohd. Faiz Saifi, Colin E. Evans, and Neha Gupta
2. Understanding the Role of Existing Technology in the Fight Against COVID-19
3. Digital and Personalized Healthcare System for COVID-19 and Future Pandemics
4. Impact of Lockdown on Social and Mobile Networks During the COVID-19 Epidemic: A Case Study of Uttarakhand
Prachi Joshi and Bhagwati Prasad Pande
5. Forecasting the Damage Caused by COVID-19 Using Time Series Analysis and Study of the Consequence of Preventive Measures for Spread Control
Basudeba Behera, Ujjwal Gupta, and Sagar Rai
6. Platform-Driven Pandemic Management
Jayachandran Kizhakoot Ramachandran and Puneet Sachdeva
7. Smart IoT Techniques to Improve Pandemic Outreach
8. Pre-Detection and Classification of Coronavirus Disease by Artificial Intelligence and Computer Vision
Rajesh V. Patil, Abhishek M. Thote, and Sandip T. Chavan
9. Concept Structure of Database Management System (DBMS) Portal for Real-Time Tracking and Controlling the Spread of Coronavirus
Abhishek M. Thote and Rajesh V. Patil
10. Wi-Fi-Based Proximity Social Distancing Alert to Fight Against COVID-19
Mayuri Diwakar Kulkarni and Khalid Alfatmi
11. Tracking, Modelling, and Understanding of Pandemic Outbreak with Artificial Intelligence and IoT
Sapna Kataria, Anjali Chaudhary, and Neeta Sharma
12. Detection of Emotional Cues of Depression Due to COVID-19 Pandemic
Abhishek A. Vichare and Satishkumar Varma