Parametric Modeling with Autodesk Inventor 2022
- This format cannot be shipped to your selected country.
- Available for pre-order. Item will ship after June 18, 2021
Parametric Modeling with Autodesk Inventor 2022 contains a series of seventeen tutorial style lessons designed to introduce Autodesk Inventor, solid modeling, and parametric modeling. It uses a hands-on, exercise-intensive approach to all the important parametric modeling techniques and concepts.
The lessons guide the user from constructing basic shapes to building intelligent mechanical designs, to creating multi-view drawings and assembly models. Other featured topics include sheet metal design, motion analysis, 2D design reuse, collision and contact, stress analysis, 3D printing and the Autodesk Inventor 2022 Certified User Examination.
Included with every new copy of this book is access to extensive video training. There are forty-seven videos that total nearly six hours of training in total. This video training parallels the exercises found in the text. However, the videos do more than just provide you with click by click instructions. Author Luke Jumper also includes a brief discussion of each tool, as well as rich insight into why and how the tools are used. Luke isn’t just telling you what to do, he’s showing and explaining to you how to go through the exercises while providing clear descriptions of the entire process. It’s like having him there guiding you through the book.
These videos will provide you with a wealth of information and brings the text to life. They are also an invaluable resource for people who learn best through a visual experience. These videos deliver a comprehensive overview of the tools found in Autodesk Inventor and perfectly complement and reinforce the exercises in the book.
Table of Contents
1. Getting Started
2. Parametric Modeling Fundamentals
3. Constructive Solid Geometry Concepts
4. Model History Tree
5. Parametric Constraints Fundamentals
6. Geometric Construction Tools
7. Parent/Child Relationships and the BORN Technique
8. Part Drawings and 3D Model-Based Definition
9. Datum Features and Auxiliary Views
10. Introduction to 3D Printing
11. Symmetrical Features in Designs
12. Advanced 3D Construction Tools
13. Sheet Metal Designs
14. Assembly Modeling - Putting It All Together
15. Content Center and Basic Motion Analysis
16. 2D Design Reuse, Collision and Contact
17. Introduction to Stress Analysis
Randy H. Shih, Luke Jumper