Almost everything we do as humans is influenced by our personalities. This set of critical readings in personality theory brings together all the major contributions in the field. All the classical papers on the critical theories of personality are included, as well as more contemporary work on cross-cultural and social approaches. With an emphasis throughout on looking at major issues in personality work, key topics covered include:
* how personality is defined
* how personality can be measured
* how personalities interact
* how personality work should be conducted
* how personality is applied in education, business and clinical settings
Presenting the most significant contributions of the last century available within one set of volumes, this seminal collection will be an invaluable resource for students, researchers and practitioners in psychology, as well as those from other areas such as business who wish to know more about personality theory.