352 pages | 50 B/W Illus.
Personalized nutrition involves the formulation of individualized nutritional recommendations to promote and maintain health based on an individual's genetic makeup and other unique intrinsic and extrinsic factors. Implementing personalized nutrition plans for individuals with certain diseases or who are in danger of developing health conditions could help control the onset and severity of symptoms. Personalized Nutrition as Medical Therapy for High-Risk Diseases offers a practical guide for physicians seeking to provide tailored dietary recommendations to their patients with disease treatment, modulation and prevention in mind.
The book focuses on the biological mechanisms of specific diseases and provides evidence for how personalized nutrition positively impacts them. It explores conditions including cardiovascular diseases, hypertension, hypercholesteromia, diabetes, obesity, Crohn's disease, as well as multiple pediatric, renal and psychological disorders.
This book is aimed at medical practitioners and will also appeal to researchers and students.
2. Personalized Nutrition: The New Era of Nutrition
Diego Accorsi et al.
3. Personalised Nutrition in Cardiovascular Disease – from Concept to Realisation
Marcella O’Reilly et al.
4. Diet and Hypertension
Balázs Varga et al.
5. Roles of Daily Diet and Beta-adrenergic System in the Treatment of Obesity and Diabetes
Ebru Arioglu Inan and Belma Turan
6. High-carbohydrate Diet Induced Metabolic Syndrome in the Overweight Body: Association between Organ Dysfunction and Insulin Resistance
Belma Turan and Erkan Tuncay
7. Caloric Restriction in Obesity and Diabetic Heart Disease
Edith Hochhauser, Maayan Waldman and Michael Arad
8. Personalised Nutrition in Children with Crohn Disease
Andrew S Day
9. Personalised Nutrition in Chronic Kidney Disease: A New Challenge
Piccoli Giorgina Barbara
10. Personalized Nutrition in Hypercholesterolemia
Aktarul Islam Siddique and Nalini Namasivayam
11. Omega-3 Fatty Acids in the Prevention of Maternal and Offspring Metabolic Disorders
Olatunji Anthony Akerele and Sukhinder Kaur Cheema
12. Challenges to the Clinical Implementation of Personalized Nutrition
Diego Accorsi and Nilanjana Maulik
13. The Importance of Personalized Nutrition in Psychological Disorders