Taking into consideration that the agricultural industry is greatly dependent on pesticide chemicals to deal with the damage caused due to pests, this new volume details the challenges along with the bioremediation and remediation measures, such as the use of beneficial microorganisms, polymeric nanocomposites for nanoremediation, phytoremediation, and more.
It looks at pesticide contamination from agricultural activities in a variety of different environs and a selection of sustainable and eco-friendly remediation approaches. It provides a spectrum of concepts, ideas, and knowledge related to the detrimental actions of pesticides on the environment directly and on human beings indirectly and provides insight into sustainable and advanced pesticide remediation technology.
It fills a gap in the available literature in this field and will provide valuable for academicians, researchers, agriculturists, and students.
1. Environmental and Pesticide Pollution Hilal Ahmad Ganaie
2. Pesticide Contamination in Water: Perspectives and Concerns Nowsheeba Rashid, Amir Hussain Dar, and Ifra Ashraf
3. Use of Pesticides in Agriculture: Impacts on Soil, Plant, and Human Health Zia Ur Rahman Farooqi, Abdul Kareem, Muhammad Ashar Ayub, Muhmmad Mahroz Hussain, Nukshab Zeeshan, and Muhammad Tahir Shehzad
4. Pesticide Pollution: Management and Challenges Suraj Negi, Aishwarya Rani, Allen H. Hu, and Sunil Kumar
5. Pesticides: Impact on Environment and Various Possible Remediation Measures Anjali Pathak, Mahendra K. Gupta, Mir Sajad Rabani, Rachna Singh, Shivani Tripathi, and Sadhna Pandey
6. Bio-Pesticides: Importance and Challenges Muhammad Fahad Sardar, Tanveer Abbas, Muhammad Naveed, Sulman Siddique, Bilawal Abbasi, and Khuram Shehzad Khan
7. Advances in Pesticide Bioremediation Technology Gulzar A. Rather
8. Microbiological Aspects of Pesticide Remediation in Freshwater and Soil Environs Rezwana Assad, Irshad Ahmad Sofi, Iqra Bashir, Iflah Rafiq, Zafar Ahmad Reshi, and Irfan Rashid
9. Application of Beneficial Microorganisms with High Efficient Biosorption Potential for the Bioremediation of Pesticide Contamination of Freshwater and Soil Environment Charles Oluwaseun Adetunji, Osikemekha Anthony Anani, and Chukwuebuka Egbuna
10. Biological Disease Control Agents in Organic Crop Production System Ajinath Dukare, Sangeeta Paul, Priyank Mhatre, and Pratap Divekar
11. Novel Forecasting, Bio-Indicator, and Bio-Remediation for Pesticides Contamination in Soil Mohamed S. Khalil and Wael M. Khamis
12. Pesticide Pollution: Risk Assessment and Vulnerability Saima Hamid, Ali Mohd Yatoo, Mohammad Yaseen Mir, and Azra N Kamili
13. Utilization of Biosurfactant Derived from Beneficial Microorganisms as Sustainable Bioremediation Technology for the Management of Contaminated Environment: Panacea for a Healthy Planet Charles Oluwaseunadetunji, Osikemekha Anthony Anani, and Chukwuebuka Egbuna
14. Polymeric Nanocomposite for Nano-Remediation: Lab-to-Land Approach Divya Chauhan, Neetu Talreja, Mohammad Ashfaq, Adriana Mera B, and Carlos A. Rodríguez