Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms - Parenteral Medications Volume 2: Facility Design, Sterilization and Processing
This three-volume set of Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms: Parenteral Medications is an authoritative, comprehensive reference work on the formulation and manufacture of parenteral dosage forms, effectively balancing theoretical considerations with the practical aspects of their development. As such, it is recommended for scientists and engineers in the pharmaceutical industry and academia, and will also serve as an excellent reference and training tool for regulatory scientists and quality assurance professionals.
First published in 1984 (as two volumes) and then last revised in 1993 (when it grew to three volumes), this latest revision will address the plethora of changes in the science and considerable advances in the technology associated with these products and routes of administration. The third edition of this book maintains the features that made the last edition so popular but comprises several brand new chapters, revisions to all other chapters, as well as high quality illustrations.
Volume two presents:
• Chapters on aseptic facility design, environmental monitoring, and cleanroom operations.
• A comprehensive chapter on pharmaceutical water systems.
• A discussion of quality attributes of sterile dosage forms, including particulate matter, endotoxin, and sterility testing.
• A detailed chapter on processing of parenteral drug products (SVPs and LVPs).
• Presentations on widely used sterilization technologies – steam, gas / chemical, radiation, filtration and dry heat.
• An in-depth chapter on lyophilization.
- Asceptic Manufacturing Facility Design
- Personnel and their impact on Cleanroom Operations
- The Fundamentals of an Environmental Control Program
- Water Systems for Parenteral Facilities
- Particulate Matter: Sub-Visible
- Endotoxin Testing
- The Compendial Sterility Tests
- Industrial Sterilization Technologies: Principles and Overview
- Steam Sterilization
- Gas, Vapor and Liquid Chemical Sterilization
- Dry Heat Depyrogenation and Sterilization
- Radiation Sterilization
Barry P. Fairand and Dusan Razem
- Filters and Filtration
- Processing of Small Volume Parenterals (SVPs) and Large Volume Parenterals (LVPs)
- Freeze Drying: Principles and Practice
Mark Caldwell, Bob Helt, Beth Holden, Francesca McBride, and Kevin Schreier
William H. Miele
D. Scott Aldrich
Michael E. Dawson
Scott VW Sutton
Anne F. Booth
Deborah Havlik and Kevin Trupp
Maik W. Jornitz and Theodore H. Meltzer
Donald A. Eisenhauer, Christine Martin, Roland Schmidt, and Steven G. Schultz
Steven L. Nail and Larry A. Gatlin