This book describes the physical mechanism of high-frequency (radio-frequency) capacitive discharge (RFCD) of low and medium pressure and the properties of discharge plasma in detail. The main properties and characteristics of RFCD, the features of electric breakdown in a high-frequency field are also investigated. The properties of near-electrode layers of a spatial discharge, the nature of the electric field in them, and the processes of charge transport to electrodes are explored. The work is intended for scientists engaged in gas discharge physics and low-temperature plasmas, graduate students and students of physics, physical chemistry, and relevant specialties.
Table of Contents
1. Main physical properties and characteristics of radiofrequency capacitive discharge
2. Physical properties of near-electrode layers of space charge of RF capacitive discharge
3. Edge effects in the RF capacitive discharge
4. Near-electrode electron beams in RF capacitive discharge
5. Physical properties of RF gas discharge plasma
V. P. Savinov